The project will arrive as a limited edition vinyl pressing for the Black Friday installation of Record Store Day.
Announced in the reveal of Record Store Day’s Black Friday release list, the project, titled Pardon My French, will arrive on November 27th as a limited edition colored vinyl pressing with just 2,000 copies being issued. In an interview with Okayplayer from 2016, Riggins described his workflow with Madlib. “The way we work is definitely different. We pass each other’s CDs almost the way a rapper gives a producer vocals, except I give him drums and he’ll put all the music to it,” Riggins said, adding that they’ve completed 9 (!) albums under the moniker to date. No word on whether there are plans to release any other collections from the archive.
Previously, Riggins and the Bandana producer collaborated on one-offs as The Supreme Team, contributing tracks to a handful of compilations, including Peanut Butter Wolf’s 2007 project, B Ball Zombie War, for Stones Throw.
Pardon My French will be released on Madlib’s imprint, Madlib Invazion. However, it’s still unclear whether it will see a digital release alongside the limited vinyl package. Stay tuned for updates in the weeks ahead.
In the meantime, you can catch an early glimpse at the project’s tracklist below.
Pardon My French Tracklist:
1. “Je Prendrai Le Romanée-Conti (Putain De Leroy)”
2. “Les Jardins Esméraldins (Pour Caillard)”
3. “Un Bordeaux Pré-Phylloxéra (Pour Le Riche Enculé)”
4. “Deux Fakes Jayers (Aussi Pour Le Riche Enculé)”
5. “Riesling Pour Robert” 6. “Du Morgon Au Moulin-À-Vent (Pour Duke)”
1. “Trou Du Cul (Ode Au Sommelier Arrogant)”
2. “Etude Montrachet”
3. “Le Feu (Pour Belluard)”
4. “Merde (Basse-cour”
5. Inestimable Le Clos”
6. “La Closerie (Pour Prévost)”
7. “Hommage À La Vielle Garde (Pour Lafarge Et Rinaldi)”
The post Madlib and Karriem Riggins Set to Release First Collaborative Album appeared first on Okayplayer.